The Mullen Family

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Florida vacation

Finally I'm getting around to posting about our Florida trip. It was a great trip - beautiful weather and so great to see everyone. We visited my mom and Tom first - had some beach time, visited the Jettie, saw some friends, played cards, rested, and had a nice visit. Darren came over as well. Unfortunately Maddy was a bit "under the weather" so we ended up finding a pediatrician down there and brought her in, and sure enough they said her throat was very red and she had some fluid in her ears - poor baby :( At least we knew why she wasn't quite her jolly self, although despite being sick, she still was in good spirits most of the time. After that visit, we drove up to see my dad and Nancy - Darren came with us, and Dee Dee was the surprise guest. Jennie and John were there along with Drew for a bbq and surprise birthday cake for me. Jennie and John's Boston terrier, George, was there as well and Maddy had a good time playing with him. We took some nice walks around the neighborhood and found a nice playground with swings which Maddy loved. On my birthday we went down to Sarasota and spent the afternoon walking around the docks and looking at the birds - we found a great playground there as well so Maddy got to play and was saying "hi" to all of the other kids there (too bad most of them just ignored her!) The last full day we had, we drove to Orlando and Darren got us into Animal Kingdom at Disney - we had a great day there and were lucky that the only bad weather we saw that week held off until around dinner time. We stayed at a hotel that night and then flew out of Orlando coming home, and arrived back home in the middle of a bad storm - I'm amazed we made it back as many flights were being cancelled/delayed. It was nice to be home - we were all tired but are now back to our normal routine.

Well, except that I got the flu when we got home, then Greg was sick with something as well. And now Greg is on a work trip until tomorrow night, so Maddy and I have been hanging out -"just the girls" since Sunday. We miss him and can't wait to see him..... I'm on "morning duty" which involves getting up before Maddy, showering, getting Maddy up, changing her, feeding her breakfast, taking care of Wilson, playing, finishing getting myself ready, getting Maddy bundled up for "school", dropping her off, then trying to make my bus to get into Boston for work. On a normal week, I get Maddy ready on Mondays and Thursdays, which are the days I work from home. It's much easier those days because I don't really have to worry about getting ready myself since I can wear my PJs to work if I want to! And Greg usually drops Maddy off at daycare so I don't have to leave the house. The other days Greg usually does that whole morning routine - I probably don't tell him enough how much I appreciate him and everything he does for us and for Madalyn and what an amazing dad he is.

Anyway, here are some of the pictures from our FL trip....













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home