The Mullen Family

Monday, February 18, 2008

Stats

Maddy had her 15 month appt last week and for the first time ever, she is in a higher percentile for height than for weight! LOL... She weighs 26 lbs (90th percentile) and is 32 1/4 inches long 92nd percentile). Still on track to be a tall girl. She's still not really walking consistently, so the rest of the baby fat will probably continue to come off as she gets more active. Today she walked a lot though - taking 5-10 steps at a time. It's hilarious how she walks right now, with her hands up in the air like Frankenstein. We defintely need to get it on video! It still takes a lot out of her and she prefers crawling but she's getting there. She's still eating everything in sight and is not picky at all about her food, as long as she doesn't have to wait too long before she gets it. And she wolves it down in record speed (she takes after Greg in that dept). We don't take her out to restaurants much anymore because she does not do well sitting in the high chair for very long and eats so fast that we can't enjoy our meals. I remember Susan telling me that they didn't take Justin out to restaurants for a time and I think it was when he was around Maddy's age - now I know why! She'd probably be OK at a place like Rainforest Cafe though. She is showing lots of personality these days and is quite the stubborn one. She's into EVERYTHING and is on warp speed - like a whirlwind! She's learning new words every day and is starting to use signs for milk and dog, which is neat to see. She will make sounds for pig, dog, chicken, and cow when you ask what they say. She also waves and says "hi" to everyone she sees - it's so cute (I wish more people would say "hi" back - too many grumpy people around here :() One bad thing she's been doing lately, which I think is because of teething, is biting us, hard. Everytime she does it we tell her with a stern voice "no biting" or "do not bite Mommy/Daddy" and then set her down in the corner of the room and walk away. The past few times she's cried for a short time then calmed down and not done it again. Hopefully she's getting the message.

Maddy was sick while we were in Florida but appears to be on the mend. I, on the other hand, got the full blown flu, with a fever close to 103. I'm feeling better but it's taken 5 days and I'm now very congested and have a bad cough. Greg isn't feeling well tonight and I really hope he doesn't get it. I hadn't been that sick in years. I think I will get the flu shot next year, considering we have a child in the house now (Maddy got the flu shot this year, and even though she could still catch it, she's better off getting the shot, especially since she's at daycare where there are loads of germs.)

I'll post some FL pics shortly and write about our vacation as well....

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamra said...

Happy to hear that she had a happy and healthy 15 month old appointment. I can't believe how quickly she has grown! Addison does the biting thing too and we have to really be stern with her about it. Because IT HURTS! You might want to try giving her something she CAN bite on to relieve the pain. That sometimes works for Addy. We'll say "Here bite this instead"!

I'm sorry you are all sick. That is terrible.......... airplane travel tends to expose you to so many germs.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home