The Mullen Family

Monday, March 17, 2008

Fun Weekend

Madalyn celebrated her friend Marin's first year of life at Marin's birthday party this past weekend. Jena and Paul provided a royal feast for the guests. Maddy's favorite was something I cannot remember the name of -but it was meat, it was spicy, and it was yummy! On Sunday we took Maddy to the Discovery Museum in Acton and she loved it. It's perfect for her age group - we were there for over 2 hours and wore her out! We then made the mistake of heading another 40 miles southwest to Ikea in Stoughton and ended up leaving empty handed after Maddy got very irritable (aka inconsolable crying) and Mommy also got irritable when she spotted a line of at least 30 people deep at every register so she left the few items she intended to purchase on top of some boxes and everyone left in a bad mood. I'm happy to report the mood improved when we got back on the road and headed home!
Tonight I realized for the first time that my daughter can actually teach me things - not just the other way around. She was doing the sign for milk so I said "would you like your milk please". And then she did this sign that I wasn't sure what it was, until I realized it was the sign for "please". I knew "thank you" but wasn't sure about "please". She must have learned it at daycare - how exciting to know she's learning these things at school! We need to start using that sign. She uses a ton of them now - most we've taught her but she's such a sponge for everything these days! She seems to be able to verbalize most of the words she's learning too which is great, although not a surprise. I'm not sure where she got her gift of gab but she certainly likes to hear the sound of her own voice and is constantly talking! It's also amazing to me that she can now anticipate things - like the first thing she does in the morning when we go into her room is start saying "ruff, ruff" because she knows the first thing we do is get Wilson out of his room and let him outside. And when we read books she makes sounds or words for things that will be on the very next page before I actually turn the page. So cool.


Spring is coming.....
"Madalyn stole the ball.... Madalyn stole the ball!"
Awwwhhhh.....
Looking so grown up (sniff)
Of course Maddy can't keep her hands away from Marin's cake - too tempting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamra said...

Aw she's getting SO BIG! I love that picture of her snuggling Greg. That is so sweet you should frame it!

Signing really helped us through some frustrated moments when we weren't sure what Addison wanted/needed. That's awesome she is learning them at daycare and at home. Imagine saying something and no one knows what you need ? LOL

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home