The Mullen Family

Monday, May 11, 2009

Spring and Mother's Day Weekend

My mom & Tom arrived on Friday - the last stop on their trek from FL to VT for the summer.
We had a really nice weekend, including great weather. We celebrated Tom's birthday on Saturday and Mother's Day on Sunday. The Mullens came over for a BBQ and a good time was had by all. Madalyn was her usual cheerful, energetic self all weekend and the grandparents doted on her every minute :)

Greg and I have been busy trying to get the house in order as we approach the arrival of Baby #2. While it seems like we have plenty of time left, it's really only 2 and a half months until my due date. The biggest project we are undertaking is having an addition put on to our house! We're knocking down the wall where our kitchen is now (the right hand side of the house and adding a room which will include a dining area (we don't really have one now) as well as a half bath. We'll also have a nice eat up counter and will be rearranging the current kitchen a bit to make it bigger, more functional, and will be adding a dishwasher. We'll have a nice porch to sit on as well which will be built into the front of the room. We are excited and decided that since we'll likely be here for at least another few years or more, we might as well add something we'll enjoy and get use out of and hopefully will add value to our house when we go to sell. I will admit I was realizing firsthand just how nice another bathroom will be when I found myself waiting in line this weekend to use our current bath on more than one occasion! (seeing as I am in the bathroom numerous times a day these days!).

Greg and I are headed to Amelia Island this Thursday for a long weekend away. It is just outside of Jacksonville, FL and looks like a nice, quaint little place. We are staying at a small guest house which has a pool and serves breakfast on the farmer's porch. The beach is close by and we are walking distance to the main part of town where there are lots of shops and restaurants. Maddy is staying with Grammy and Bubba in NH who graciously agreed to have her, and we will enjoy our last "adult-only" getaway for quite some time I am sure!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home