The Mullen Family

Thursday, September 24, 2009

When Dad's away, the girls will play...

Greg has been at a work conference all week so it has been just the girls and me this week. As luck would have it, my mom was able to come down for a few days to help out. She left yesterday morning but we had a great visit with her. Monday night I got to spend some one on one time with Maddy while my mom watched Caitlin - I forget how much Maddy really needs that right now with such big changes going on in her life (new sister, moving up to the preschool room at school, potty training, etc). Tuesday night my mom babysat while I went to my digital photography class. It is a 6 week class, one night a week from 6-9 PM - this was the first week. Hopefully I'll learn a lot and be able to take some great photos! Yesterday we were on our own and I took Maddy and Caitlin to the Ninety-Nine for dinner. Some might question my sanity in bringing an almost 3 year old and a 7 week old out to dinner, but both of them were great and we enjoyed out dinners :) This morning was a bit of a rough morning - Maddy was pretty testy and had a few tantrums before we even left the house for school. Then she had a rough time with the drop off and was crying and hanging on to my leg and then threw herself on the floor. Of course I teared up as soon as I left the room but could see that she was fine just seconds later. Greg is home tonight and I am thankful for that! I give a lot of credit to people who do this alone day in and day out - it is not easy!

Caitlin continues to grow and change daily. She has been smiling and "talking" and really starting to fill out. She's a great eater and starting to spread out her feedings more which is nice. She has been a dream baby when it comes to sleep - takes good naps most days and sleeps anywhere from 4 to 7 hours straight at night. Two nights ago she actually slept 8 hours straight - from 10:30 to 6:30!! I woke up before she did and couldn't believe she was still sleeping!
Let's hope this continues :)







2 Comments:

Blogger Tamra said...

Wow she really IS changing quickly. It is amazing how quickly it goes with the 2nd one isn't it?

Aww, poor Maddy having issues adjusting to school the other day. Just like us they have their moments......... I always wait and see when Addison is uneasy. Or try to make her laugh through the window HA HA.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristen, what fun it was being there with you and the girls. They are so precious. Maddy enjoys being a little helper and Caitlin enjoys being held. I was amazed that she was getting some smiling practice in when we were smiling and talking to her. Love, Mom and Grandma

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home