The Mullen Family

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away

It has been one of the rainiest months of March EVER here in the Boston area. We were fortunate to have a really nice weekend in between some rainy ones, and it looks like it might be pretty nice this coming weekend as well. I have the day off Friday, and the girls and I are going to an Easter Egg hunt in the morning.

Maddy's swimming lessons ended a couple of weekends ago and now she is doing gymnastics for the next 8 weeks. There is a really nice gym right in Billerica and they do a great job with the kids - the class she is in is for 3-5 year olds and they focus on basic skills and mainly have fun on the bars, balance beams, trampolines, and tumbling mats, not the mention the "squishy pit" they land in when swinging off of the bars. She has fun and is pretty much constantly moving for 45 minutes so on those days we might get lucky with a nap that afternoon :)

Caitlin is our little spitfire and I swear is going to start crawling soon! She is a squirmer and already all over the place - can scoot herself around and tries to get into everything! Maddy never went for things like plugs, outlets, chairs, etc but Caitlin might be a different story! She is also a very happy baby and it doesn't take much to get her smiling and laughing. She has started eating a few finger foods like cheese and "puffs" (like cheerios but melt quicker in your mouth). No teeth yet but I think they might be close. She really loves Maddy and loves watching and playing with her. And Maddy has been very tolerant of Caitlin's hair pulling (she grabs at anything that is in reach), grabbing for toys Maddy is playing with, etc. Maddy can get Caitlin in stitches just smiling and singing to her and I love to hear them laughing together - melts my heart.

In other news, Greg and I are heading to Mexico for 4 nights in April while Maddy and Caitlin get to spend some quality time with Grammy and Bubba Mullen. We are so lucky they will be able to watch the girls while we get some alone time and relaxation. It means so much to have people we love and trust to watch our kids, and I know it is a lot of work as well and we truly appreciate their willingness to do that for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home