Daddy Daycare & Sappy Thanksgiving
Not sure if anyone still reads this blog, but I figured I'd make my annual post about our busy life.
Recently Kristen travelled to CA for business which left me to take care of the girls by myself for four nights. Although it was a bit more work taking care of them than when there are two of us, they are so set in their schedules and so well behaved it really wasn't that much more work. The hardest part was after they went to bed it was pretty lonely; I certainly got a lot of studying done and watched all the shows on the DVR that I know Kristen didn't want to see (ie. the Frontline documentary on subsidized health care), but it was hard not having Kristen there for our normal "kid free time" that we have almost every night after 7:30. I give all the single parents out there so much credit.
I had a recent Friday off and I took Maddy and Caitlin to Imagine That - an indoor playground in a renovated mill building in the nice part of Lawrence (yes there is a nice part of Lawrence). The place was really cool, and the girls pretty much played with everything in the place - the highlights were the grocery store (of course), the jumping house, and the two story tunnel/slide system. It's so fun to watch Caitlin try to keep up with Maddy as she ran around the place. Maddy is such a great big sister and kept a close eye on her, especially in the tunnels where I couldn't really fit. Caitlin watched carefully as Maddy went down the slide and she came whizzing down behind her with a huge smile on her face. I'll post pictures of our fun times later.
Thanksgiving is tomorrow and is hands down my favorite holiday - It's all about family, taking time to reflect on life and give thanks for everything in it. Below is a small list of some things I'm thankful for, obviously some are more important that others:
What I am thankful for…….
That our family is happy & healthy
That I have the unconditional love and support of my family and I give the same back to them
That I have Kristen to be my loving partner in raising Maddy & Caitlin and going through life’s adventures together.
That we live in New England – quite possibly the best place on Earth to live
That “Grammy” gives up her free Fridays to be with her granddaughters
Fall
That we have two wonderful daughters
Sunny Days
Snowy Days
The ability to laugh
Great friends
That we rescued a great dog named Wilson
Music
Our Financial stability
Really good beer
karma
Sandwiches
The Celtics, Patriots & Bruins - all of them will win World Titles this year - you heard it here first.
1 Comments:
Dear Greg - this is beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankful my daughter and granddaughters have you to love them. Love you, Sue
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home