Daddy's turn at the Blog
I wanted to jump in to give all of our readers (all three of them) my take on being a Dad and Maddy's life so far. I recently looked back at some of the photos from when Maddy was a few weeks old, and can't believe its the same child. Of course a lot of the first months were a blur due to late night feedings and diaper changes, but its amazing how quickly you forget how hard it was during the first few weeks. I think back to some of the child birth and parenting classes Kristen and I took, and remember how unprepared and naive we both were. But there isn't a book or a class that can prepare you for being a parent - you just have to jump right in and do it. Its such a cliché but I really don't know how Kristen and I spent our time BM (before Maddy) Hey that really suits her :) Its really hard to picture what life would be like without our beautiful, jolly little Maddy. She is growing by leaps and bounds mentally and physically everyday (her hair is really growing long too) - hopefully she takes after Kristen in that department:) She has started saying DaDa and MaMa and she thinks my dorky jokes, noises and songs are hilarious (sadly she is the only other one in the family who thinks so) One of the best things about being a Dad is knowing that I will be able to help guide her through the early years of her life and watch her grow into the smart, talented, beautiful person I know she will become. Speaking of smart, talented and beautiful, its amazing to watch Kristen with Madalyn. She is such a great Mom and Maddy and I are both extremely lucky to have her.
Anyway that's all for now, I'll check in from time to time. Here are a few stats about Maddy at this point in her life in case she ever reads this when she is older:
Age: 8 months one week + 2 days
Favorite Food: Sweet Potatoes (starting to like Stage 3 meals - lasagna/chicken & vegetables)
Favorite Toy: So many to choose from - but she really likes her French horn rattle, Elmo bumper car and Busy Box at daycare
Favorite Book: Polly Molly Woof Woof (only when Mom and Dad do the sound effects)
Recent milestones: First Tooth starting to poke through on bottom left gum, sitting on her own, rolling over, really close to crawling, chomps on feet and anything else within reach of her mouth every chance she gets, loves to belly laugh and giggle most of the time, give hugs, tries to pet Wilson gently, loves TV but isn't allowed to watch it unless its brief glimpses of sports,
Bedtime: 6:30 PM sharp (we usually don't hear a peep from her until 6:30 the next morning)

1 Comments:
I ENVY your sleep schedule! HAHA
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home